Forwarding a TCP port to your home network
You get the opportunity to "put" on the Internet one port of your home device, thereby making it accessible from anywhere in the world, without having a public IP address.
- you must have one VPN tunnel to our system
- routing rules from VPNKI server to your devices
- you have to make the correspondence of the internal IP address and its port to the external port of our address msk.vpnki.ru (18.104.22.168). The procedure for establishing compliance is carried out on a special page of our system
1. Suppose that your home network has a video recorder with the address 192.168.1.1, but it so happened that it broadcasts a video stream from port 8010 and this stream is transmitted not using the HTTP protocol, but in some other way. Your specialized client software has access to the registrar and views this stream, accessing the home network at 192.168.1.1:8010
Using our "Publish URL" service, you could view this stream if it was broadcast using the http / https protocols, but here broadcasting can use other protocols. To achieve the goal of viewing the video stream outside the home network, forwarding the TCP port can solve the problem of remote access.
Important! Check that you can ping your internal addresses, including 192.168.1.1 from the “Tools” VPNKI web page. If not please check routes on VPNKI server and your devices.
2. You want to access your home device using the RDP or VNC protocols. You could use access through HTTP or SOCKS5 proxies with authorization, but your software cannot use authorization in proxy connections. In this case, you can use the forwarding of the desired TCP port.
3. Your device (for example, a GPS navigator or watch) "can" send data to an external host only using its own protocol, without using HTTP / HTTPS, proxies, or other standard means of communication.
In all these cases, you can try to use our "TCP port forwarding (publication)" feature from the Internet to your home device.
It is not difficult to do this, just fill out the table according to the example shown in the picture.
Here you specify the IP address of the device in the home network and the desired TCP port of this device, and then click the "Save" button. An external port will be automatically assigned for this connection, which will be accessible from the Internet at msk.vpnki.ru:XXXXX (22.214.171.124:XXXXX)
The priority way to access your port is to specify the domain name msk.vpnki.ru:XXXXX, however, not all applications can work correctly with this type of indicated address. In this case, specify the address 126.96.36.199:XXXXX.
On December 1, 2018, we launched the White List function for the TCP port in test mode, which allows external connections to your TCP port only from certain IP addresses of the Internet. This feature will allow you to limit fans to connect to other people's resources.
For now, as an allow list, you can specify one network, the size of which is described by a mask.
Access to the port specified in the first line will not be limited (network and mask 0.0.0.0 / 0.0.0.0)
The port indicated in the second line will be accessible only from the network addresses 188.8.131.52 / 255.255.0.0 (this is somewhere in Ireland)
Features for the testing period
For the testing period, we give users the opportunity to test this type of remote access for 7 days.
We provide the possibility of forwarding the TCP port only after agreeing to the conditions where you undertake not to post illegal content in this way on the Internet. It is worth noting that this Consent is the same for "Publish URL" and "TCP Port Forwarding" - accepting it in one place, its second adoption is not required.
It should also be noted that the information security of your resources accessible from the Internet when using our system is your area of responsibility and claims to us do not apply.
This service has some technical limitations that may not allow you to use it. The system’s operation is based on the “reverse proxy” functionality, in fact, you will not have direct access from the Internet to your home device and its port, but to a server that acts as a proxy server, receives a data stream from your home device and transfers it to you in an external network. In this regard, there is a possibility that not all client applications can work stably with such an organization of remote access.
Additionally, it should be noted that the settings you entered on the page will not be applied immediately (!), But after a while (about 5 minutes), which you will be informed about on the "TCP port forwarding" settings page.